Rising to the challenge: Enbridge again named to Canada’s Top 100 Employers
We're proud to say that we've earned a spot on this prestigious annual list for the 13th time.
At Enbridge, we proudly fuel North Americans’ quality of life – every day. And it’s our people power that allows us to make this small, but essential, contribution to life in North America.
The dedication and commitment of our workforce has made Enbridge a leader in the safe and responsible delivery of energy for 65 years, and we believe in rewarding our employees accordingly. And we’re proud to say that for the 13th time, we’ve been named to the prestigious list of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
This annual competition, established 15 years ago, recognizes employers that lead their respective industries by offering exceptional workplaces for their employees – while attracting, and retaining, those employees too.
“Our people help fuel North America’s quality of life. That’s a big responsibility, and it’s also a privilege. On top of that meaningful work, we offer good compensation, development opportunities, and a great workplace – I’m thrilled that is all being recognized through this award,” says Marc Weil, Enbridge’s Vice President of Human Resources for Corporate Services.
Today, the Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2015 were announced with a special edition feature in the Globe and Mail.
The Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition examines the recruitment histories of more than 75,000 employers across the country. From this pool, editors invite 32,000 employers that have created new opportunities in the past year to apply for the award. More than 3,200 employers took part in this year’s extensive application process that included a detailed review of operations and human resource practices.
With significant North American operations in the areas of energy transportation, distribution, and generation, Enbridge continues to grow: We added more than 460 full-time employees in Canada last year. And in naming us to Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2015, organizers of the competition praised Enbridge for:
- Our support of ongoing employee education, with in-house and online training and subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation;
- A flexible health benefits plan;
- Encouragement of an ownership culture, with share purchase plan, signing bonuses, year-end bonuses, and referral bonuses;
- Promotion of employee work-life balance through flexible hours, telecommuting, shortened and compressed work week options, and additional paid personal days-off;
- Our commitment to increasing workforce representation from all diverse groups;
- Support of all workers as they prepare for life after work with retirement planning assistance, phased-in work options and contributions to a defined benefit or contribution pension plan.
For a full list of those reasons for selection, as well as the eight evaluation criteria used by competition organizers, please visit the Canada’s Top 100 Employers website or our Canada’s Top 100 Employers webpage at enbridge.com
“This is a prestigious listing, and the companies on it continue to raise the bar on what it means to be a top employer. Being part of such a competitive landscape drives us to continue to improve as an employer and as a corporate citizen. That’s a great ongoing challenge for us all,” adds Weil.