Our Executive Leadership Team, led by President and CEO Al Monaco, represents the senior management of Enbridge Inc.
Governance and Policies
"Enbridge has a strong corporate governance culture built on integrity, accountability and transparency.”
- Gregory L. Ebel, Chair, Enbridge Inc.
At Enbridge, corporate governance means ensuring a comprehensive system of stewardship and accountability is in place and functioning among Directors, management and employees.
Enbridge is committed to the principles of good governance, and the company employs a variety of policies, programs and practices to manage corporate governance and ensure compliance.
A few highlights of Enbridge's approach to corporate governance:
- A majority of Directors are independent.
- Every employee and Director is required to certify compliance with the company's Statement on Business Conduct.
- Directors are committed to owning shares and/or deferred stock units equivalent to three times their annual retainer.
- The Governance Committee has a process to propose nominee Directors and assess Directors on an ongoing basis.
- Committees of the Board and individual Directors can engage outside advisors at the company's expense.
Enbridge Inc.'s Compliance with Canadian and U.S. Governance Standards
Enbridge Inc. is compliant with governance standards in Canada and the U.S. Enbridge's corporate governance practices are consistent with all applicable Canadian and U.S. securities laws and regulatory guidelines and standards. In addition, as Enbridge's common shares are listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (the "NYSE") and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), Enbridge complies with the corporate governance requirements of both the NYSE and the TSX.
The Enbridge Inc. Board of Directors is responsible for the overall stewardship of the company.
2020 Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Computershare Trust Company of Canada (“Computershare”) is Enbridge's Registrar & Transfer Agent
If you have an ethics or compliance question or an inquiry regarding a company policy, you can ask anonymously and confidentially.