Unique Value Proposition
Enbridge’s unique value proposition features a superior low-risk business model, high-quality infrastructure and strong organic growth. We credit our value proposition for delivering excellent returns to shareholders year after year, and we plan to stick with our proven formula.
Our assets are competitively positioned and cannot be replicated. Long-term energy fundamentals remain strong, and we’re strategically positioned to capitalize on the resulting growth opportunities.
- Critical energy infrastructure
- Balanced between gas and oil
- Record utilization driven by strong demand-pull markets and customers
Superior Low-risk Business Model
Our low-risk business model—with steady and highly predictable cash flows—differentiates Enbridge from our peers.
- Regulated demand-pull assets
- Long-term contracts
- Interest rate/inflation protection
- Insignificant commodity risk
- Creditworthy customers
- Highly visible cash flow—$3.5 billion per year in positive free cash flow by 2020
Strong Organic Growth
Enbridge has had the largest organic capital program in the industry. We’ve brought more than $50 billion of projects into service since 2009—bolstering our core asset base and strategic positioning. We believe that our organic growth opportunities can continue to drive 5-7% annual distributable cash flow/share growth beyond 2020.
- Embedded growth in base business
- Attractive organic growth opportunities from our three core businesses
- Disciplined capital allocation
- total of $20 billion of growth projects placed into service in 2017 and 2018
- $2.1 billion additional secured growth projects
- $16 billion secured capital program currently under execution